LifeLegacy Foundation was established in 1997 as the first and only federally approved 501(c)(3) non-profit research organization that is accredited by the American Association of Tissue Banks.
Our commitment to the highest level of ethical and quality standards affirms our integrity and commitment to do what is best for our donors, donors’ families, our clients and the community. We set the industry standard that our donor families have come to trust. To ensure the quality of the organs and tissues provided to researchers, LifeLegacy also meets the following high standards:
- Adherence to FDA Good Tissue Practices
- Inspected and licensed by the New York State Department of Health.
- A Qualified Procurement Agency for Research under Arizona Anatomical Gift Act
- Abide by both the Uniform Anatomical Gift Act and Title III of the National Organ Transplant Act, which prohibits the buying and selling of organs and tissues.
- To facilitate the distribution of non-transplantable tissue to the medical professional and researcher community throughout the world, which minimizes the amount of unused non-transplantable tissue.
- To increase public awareness of research tissue donation in order to fulfill the overwhelming need of doctors, researchers and educators.