Thank you for considering making whole body donation the legacy of your life. Listed below are some facts you should know about anatomical donations.
- Anatomical donation is the time-of-death gift of organs and tissues for medical research and education. Anatomical donation is almost always an option, even when transplantation is not.
- LifeLegacy only places donated organs and tissues with reputable academic, corporate, and government research and education institutions.
- Donors and their families can take comfort in knowing their donated organs and tissues will be used to benefit so many others. Donated organs and tissues are used for:
- Dementia, Alzheimer's and Parkinson's research
- Diabetes research
- Arthritis research
- Asthma and COPD research
- MS and ALS research
- Spinal cord injury research
- Cancer research
- Drug therapy research
- Surgical education
- Surgical device development
- Bariatric and urologic surgical education
- Minimally invasive surgical procedures
- Orthopedic education