Healthcare Professional: Becoming a Donor
Our staff is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to assist families throughout the donation process.
If your patient is considering becoming a donor, ensure that his or her wishes are known. Ask your patient to:
- Talk with their family about their intention to be an anatomical donor.
- Notify their hospital, hospice, or caregiver about their intention.
- Carry their LifeLegacy Foundation donor card. Click here for our online Potential Donor List Application Form.
When death is imminent or death has occurred:
- A family member or health care professional must call us at 888-774-4438 or 520-575-5200 to begin the donation process.
- A Donor Service Team Member will talk to a family member to gather a medical/social history and consent for donation. This discussion takes about an hour.
- A final decision on donation acceptance will be made at this time.
- Upon donation acceptance, we can put the family in contact with a funeral home in their area that is experienced in the donation process.