Healthcare Professional: The Donation Process
Donation normally takes place within 24 hours of death. The donation process includes:
- No cost associated with anatomical donation.
- Transportation of the donor from anywhere in the continental U.S.
- Filing of a legally required death certificate.
- Family assistance through the aftercare process.
- A summary packet for the family, outlining the benefits of their loved one's gift.
- Return of cremated remains to the family within 4-6 weeks of donation.
We treat all our donors and donor families with the utmost care, dignity, and respect.
To honor your gift, donations are placed only with approved and well-respected academic, corporate, and governmental research and education institutions around the world.